• Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
• Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
• Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database.
• Considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
• Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
• Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
• Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS.
• Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
• Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
• Controlling access permissions and privileges.
• Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans.
• Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
• Capacity planning.
• Data warehouse.
• Working closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers.
• Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
• At least 5 years’ experience in administering SQL/MySQL server databases
• Solid experience in Data Warehouse projects
• Experienced in ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development / data integration.
• Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
• Experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of other databases like MySQL, No SQL databases and In-memory databases and MCTIP certification will be an advantage.
• Previous experience within the FX industry or Financial Services on a similar IT field as above, will be considered a strong advantage.
• Fluent English
• Strong team player within a team of specialists.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
Full time position. Vacancy for relocation to Cyprus