• The selected Candidate, will be responsible of the operations of Company European Sunflower breeding program implemented in Ukraine, Russia, Romania etc., including nursery activity, yield trials implementation, pathology testing. This responsibility is including, but not limited to the following actions:
• In consultation with the Crop Research Leader he/she will assist in developing the sunflower breeding strategy for Eastern Europe, maintaining alignment with global sunflower breeding and overall crop strategy.
• He/she will execute the defined strategy by running efficient operations within the approved budget.
• He/she will incorporate desired traits in new products by using tools, such as pathology testing, biochemistry, Marker Assisted Selection.
• He/she will monitor multi-location trialing in Romania, Ukraine and Russia and any other locations in Europe with reference to the European trialing team.
• He/she will monitor a nursery activity to select superior inbred lines.
• He/she will monitor pathology testing including but not limited to company field and lab tests.
• He/she will interact with company sunflower breeders and research manager, laboratory managers, TD organization, supply chain organization.
• Master in agronomy and/or plant breeding & genetics.
• At least 5years experience in plant breeding
• Ability to use MS office and common PC based software.
Experience & Desired Skills:
• Sound knowledge of crop breeding techniques with demonstrated ability to use statistical analysis as well as pathology and molecular breeding techniques.
• Ability to develop and manage long term projects.
• Team work oriented, having good interpersonal skills. Correct level in English is required.
• Rigor, honesty, clear expression of ideas, concepts, etc